Numerous former members of the band DEATH are set to commemorate the 20th anniversary of the passing of the band’s mainman, Chuck Schuldiner, with a special two night event in Florida next weekend.
On Saturday, December 11 and Sunday, December 12, James Murphy (guitar) and Terry Butler (bass) will perform DEATH’s classic third album, “Spiritual Healing” (1990), in its entirety under the LIVING MONSTROSITY banner, while Steve DiGiorgio (bass), Bobby Koelble (guitar) and Kelly Conlon (bass) will join forces as SYMBOLIC to play songs from “Human” (1991), “Individual Thought Patterns” (1993), “Symbolic” (1995) and “The Sound Of Perseverance” (1998).
The Sunday show (December 12) will be livestreamed worldwide from the Brass Mug in Tampa, Florida.
The Brass Mug, which has been in continuous operation since 1974, has hosted many of the Florida death metal bands in their early years.
“We wanted this historic event to be at a place that also has some historical significance to the metal community,” said Leo Lozano, co-producer of the show and guitarist and vocalist of SYMBOLIC.
* Steve DiGiorgio (DEATH; bass on “Human”, “Individual Thought Patterns”; CONTROL DENIED – bass on “The Fragile Art Of Existence”)
* Bobby Koelble (DEATH; guitars on “Symbolic”)
* Kelly Conlon (DEATH; bass on “Symbolic”)
* Dirk Verbeuren (MEGADETH, SOILWORK – drums)
* Max Phelps (EXIST; guitars and vocals)
* Leo Lozano (SYMBOLIC; guitars and vocals)
LIVING MONSTROSITY lineup:
* James Murphy (DEATH; guitars on “Spiritual Healing”)
* Terry Butler (DEATH; bass on “Spiritual Healing”)
* Gus Rios (GRUESOME; drums)
* Matt Harvey (GRUESOME, EXHUMED; guitar, vocals)